FraserSeptember 30, 2013
Mother intoxicated, in possession of drugs at middle school
By Nick Mordowanec
C & G Staff Writer
FRASER — On Sept. 18, the Fraser Department of Public Safety responded to a call at Richards Middle School regarding a fight between two parents.
When authorities arrived, the fight had culminated and one parent had left. The other parent, a woman, was still present. Witnesses reported that the woman assaulted the parent who had left the scene.
Officers spoke to the woman, 43-year-old Lisa Marie Rosales, of Warren, and reportedly determined that she was highly intoxicated. She was issued a Breathalyzer exam, and it registered a .18 blood alcohol content (BAC), more than twice the legal driving limit of .08.
Rosales admitted to police that she had driven to the school under the influence of alcohol to pick up her 13-year-old daughter. She was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Police also found marijuana and OxyContin in her car, both of which were not medically prescribed.
Her charges include: possession of a controlled substance (Oxycontin), which is a four-year felony; possession of marijuana, which is a one-year misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle with a high BAC, which is a six-month misdemeanor.
Lt. Dan Kolke, of Fraser, said that Rosales was arraigned on Sept. 19 and was later released on a $1,500 bond.
Her court date is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Oct. 9.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- Man charged for indecent exposure on Hall Road - Utica
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi