Mother intoxicated, in possession of drugs at middle school
September 30, 2013
FRASER — On Sept. 18, the Fraser Department of Public Safety responded to a call at Richards Middle School regarding a fight between two parents.
When authorities arrived, the fight had culminated and one parent had left. The other parent, a woman, was still present. Witnesses reported that the woman assaulted the parent who had left the scene.
Officers spoke to the woman, 43-year-old Lisa Marie Rosales, of Warren, and reportedly determined that she was highly intoxicated. She was issued a Breathalyzer exam, and it registered a .18 blood alcohol content (BAC), more than twice the legal driving limit of .08.
Rosales admitted to police that she had driven to the school under the influence of alcohol to pick up her 13-year-old daughter. She was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Police also found marijuana and OxyContin in her car, both of which were not medically prescribed.
Her charges include: possession of a controlled substance (Oxycontin), which is a four-year felony; possession of marijuana, which is a one-year misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle with a high BAC, which is a six-month misdemeanor.
Lt. Dan Kolke, of Fraser, said that Rosales was arraigned on Sept. 19 and was later released on a $1,500 bond.
Her court date is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Oct. 9.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods