Published September 30, 2013
Mother intoxicated, in possession of drugs at middle school
By Nick Mordowanec email@example.com
FRASER — On Sept. 18, the Fraser Department of Public Safety responded to a call at Richards Middle School regarding a fight between two parents.
When authorities arrived, the fight had culminated and one parent had left. The other parent, a woman, was still present. Witnesses reported that the woman assaulted the parent who had left the scene.
Officers spoke to the woman, 43-year-old Lisa Marie Rosales, of Warren, and reportedly determined that she was highly intoxicated. She was issued a Breathalyzer exam, and it registered a .18 blood alcohol content (BAC), more than twice the legal driving limit of .08.
Rosales admitted to police that she had driven to the school under the influence of alcohol to pick up her 13-year-old daughter. She was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Police also found marijuana and OxyContin in her car, both of which were not medically prescribed.
Her charges include: possession of a controlled substance (Oxycontin), which is a four-year felony; possession of marijuana, which is a one-year misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle with a high BAC, which is a six-month misdemeanor.
Lt. Dan Kolke, of Fraser, said that Rosales was arraigned on Sept. 19 and was later released on a $1,500 bond.
Her court date is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Oct. 9.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Kupinski not guilty of murder in second degree - St. Clair Shores
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Board approves incentive bonus for new police hires - Shelby Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Rochester stalking suspect dies after jumping out hotel window - Rochester
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson