Mother intoxicated, in possession of drugs at middle school
Published September 30, 2013
FRASER — On Sept. 18, the Fraser Department of Public Safety responded to a call at Richards Middle School regarding a fight between two parents.
When authorities arrived, the fight had culminated and one parent had left. The other parent, a woman, was still present. Witnesses reported that the woman assaulted the parent who had left the scene.
Officers spoke to the woman, 43-year-old Lisa Marie Rosales, of Warren, and reportedly determined that she was highly intoxicated. She was issued a Breathalyzer exam, and it registered a .18 blood alcohol content (BAC), more than twice the legal driving limit of .08.
Rosales admitted to police that she had driven to the school under the influence of alcohol to pick up her 13-year-old daughter. She was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Police also found marijuana and OxyContin in her car, both of which were not medically prescribed.
Her charges include: possession of a controlled substance (Oxycontin), which is a four-year felony; possession of marijuana, which is a one-year misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle with a high BAC, which is a six-month misdemeanor.
Lt. Dan Kolke, of Fraser, said that Rosales was arraigned on Sept. 19 and was later released on a $1,500 bond.
Her court date is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Oct. 9.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township