MOUNT CLEMENS — Two men sustained non-life-threatening injuries and three men are in custody following a double shooting in Mount Clemens May 4.
Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said it’s still unknown if the three men who were arrested shortly after the shooting at Clemens and Court streets at around 9 p.m. were involved.
“Deputies responding to the shooting saw a vehicle driving away from the scene at a high rate of speed,” said Wickersham. “They were eventually pulled over and one of the three men inside got out and fled on foot.”
The sheriff said that while the two suspects inside the car were detained, the third was found hiding out inside a nearby residence.
“A search warrant was obtained and during a subsequent search of the residence a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun was recovered,” Wickersham said.
The three men — a 23-year-old from Mount Clemens, a 39-year-old from Mount Clemens and an 18-year-old from Roseville — were ultimately arrested on charges not relating to the shooting. Those charges include resisting and obstructing, fleeing and eluding, possession of marijuana and receiving and concealing a stolen firearm.
They were expected to be arraigned May 6.
The victims, a 17-year-old from New Haven and a 17-year-old from Eastpointe, were treated and released from McLaren Macomb in Mount Clemens. One suffered a gunshot wound to his foot and the other to his calf.
Wickersham said detectives are continuing their investigation and awaiting MSP forensic lab results to determine if the recovered weapon and the bullet taken from one of the victims matches.
It is unclear what led to the shooting.
“We’re not getting much information from the victims who say they don’t know what happened,” said Wickersham. “The suspects have not admitted to anything (as it pertains to the shooting).”
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- City stunned by loss of councilman - St. Clair Shores
- Three house fires reported in one day in Harper Woods - Harper Woods
- Pit bull awareness effort to benefit Madison Heights Animal Shelter - Madison Heights
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Halloween coming early to Red Oaks Nature Center, Golf Course - Madison Heights
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores