Man, woman found dead in Harrison Township apartment
August 15, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 40-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were found dead in their Harrison Township apartment Aug. 14, both reportedly sustaining gunshot wounds, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials say.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said deputies responded to the apartment in the 36000 block of Gordon Lane off of Union Lake Road at approximately 3:44 p.m. The individual who reported the deaths was the daughter of the deceased female.
Upon arrival, deputies observed that the pair was dead and an unknown type of gun was found at the scene.
Wickersham reports that there were no signs of a break-in to the residence. He also reports that neighbors reported hearing gunshots at around 3 a.m., but did not call the police.
The bodies were transported to the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office, and sheriff’s officials are awaiting the results for final determination of cause and manner of death.
The names of the victims will be released when identification is made by family members.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township