Man, woman found dead in Harrison Township apartment
August 15, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 40-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were found dead in their Harrison Township apartment Aug. 14, both reportedly sustaining gunshot wounds, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials say.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said deputies responded to the apartment in the 36000 block of Gordon Lane off of Union Lake Road at approximately 3:44 p.m. The individual who reported the deaths was the daughter of the deceased female.
Upon arrival, deputies observed that the pair was dead and an unknown type of gun was found at the scene.
Wickersham reports that there were no signs of a break-in to the residence. He also reports that neighbors reported hearing gunshots at around 3 a.m., but did not call the police.
The bodies were transported to the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office, and sheriff’s officials are awaiting the results for final determination of cause and manner of death.
The names of the victims will be released when identification is made by family members.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township