Man, woman found dead in Harrison Township apartment
By Julie Snyder
August 15, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 40-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were found dead in their Harrison Township apartment Aug. 14, both reportedly sustaining gunshot wounds, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials say.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said deputies responded to the apartment in the 36000 block of Gordon Lane off of Union Lake Road at approximately 3:44 p.m. The individual who reported the deaths was the daughter of the deceased female.
Upon arrival, deputies observed that the pair was dead and an unknown type of gun was found at the scene.
Wickersham reports that there were no signs of a break-in to the residence. He also reports that neighbors reported hearing gunshots at around 3 a.m., but did not call the police.
The bodies were transported to the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office, and sheriff’s officials are awaiting the results for final determination of cause and manner of death.
The names of the victims will be released when identification is made by family members.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Police warn residents of IRS phone scam - Clawson
- Fire Department seeks a few good men and women - Troy
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Woman dies after police find her unresponsive in car - Royal Oak
- Downtown Birmingham rolls out new logo, holiday perks - Birmingham
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Holiday plays planned in Eastpointe - Eastpointe
- Ghost hunters report paranormal activity at Octagon House - Washington Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County