Published August 15, 2014
Man, woman found dead in Harrison Township apartment
By Julie Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 40-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were found dead in their Harrison Township apartment Aug. 14, both reportedly sustaining gunshot wounds, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials say.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said deputies responded to the apartment in the 36000 block of Gordon Lane off of Union Lake Road at approximately 3:44 p.m. The individual who reported the deaths was the daughter of the deceased female.
Upon arrival, deputies observed that the pair was dead and an unknown type of gun was found at the scene.
Wickersham reports that there were no signs of a break-in to the residence. He also reports that neighbors reported hearing gunshots at around 3 a.m., but did not call the police.
The bodies were transported to the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office, and sheriff’s officials are awaiting the results for final determination of cause and manner of death.
The names of the victims will be released when identification is made by family members.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley