A 33-year-old Roseville man is hospitalized after being shot in his driveway in the early morning March 28.
Police said the victim had gone outside to move his car out of his driveway around 6:10 a.m. Thursday morning when his wife, who was inside their home in the 26000 block of Lehner, heard a loud bang and looked outside to see her husband down on the driveway. She ran out to help him and discovered he had been shot.
Responding paramedics from the Roseville Fire Department discovered that the man had been shot once in the chest, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. He has since been moved from critical condition to stable condition.
Due to the victim’s condition, he hasn’t been able to speak with police.
“We have no motives on why this shooting occurred,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin. “We don’t know if it was a robbery gone wrong, a random act or if this victim was targeted for another reason. We are investigating every avenue.”
Neighbors said they didn’t see anything and at press time there are no suspects in the incident.
“No witnesses have come forward, or we haven’t found any witnesses willing to talk,” Berlin said.
The investigation is in the preliminary stages and anyone with information is urged to contact the Roseville Police Department at (586) 447-4483.
- 30 DAYS
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- Stay on course with safety while off-roading - Metro Detroit
- Late councilman was a beloved family man, city leader - Utica
- ROHS named as a ‘Best High School’ in annual ranking - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township