A 33-year-old Roseville man is hospitalized after being shot in his driveway in the early morning March 28.
Police said the victim had gone outside to move his car out of his driveway around 6:10 a.m. Thursday morning when his wife, who was inside their home in the 26000 block of Lehner, heard a loud bang and looked outside to see her husband down on the driveway. She ran out to help him and discovered he had been shot.
Responding paramedics from the Roseville Fire Department discovered that the man had been shot once in the chest, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. He has since been moved from critical condition to stable condition.
Due to the victim’s condition, he hasn’t been able to speak with police.
“We have no motives on why this shooting occurred,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin. “We don’t know if it was a robbery gone wrong, a random act or if this victim was targeted for another reason. We are investigating every avenue.”
Neighbors said they didn’t see anything and at press time there are no suspects in the incident.
“No witnesses have come forward, or we haven’t found any witnesses willing to talk,” Berlin said.
The investigation is in the preliminary stages and anyone with information is urged to contact the Roseville Police Department at (586) 447-4483.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township