Macomb Township cellphone store robbery captured on camera
Published April 4, 2013
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — Detectives with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department are searching for a male who casually walked into the AT&T Cellular Phone store at 20759 Hall Road in Macomb Township March 29, and stole two cellphones from a rack.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham is asking for assistance in identifying the suspect who entered the busy store at just after 7 p.m.
The suspect walked up to a display area and ripped away two Apple iPhones that were secured to the rack. The man then ran to the door and exited the building while being chased by employees. The employees observed the suspect run around the side of the building and into a black vehicle. He then drove from the parking lot, exiting onto Heydenreich at a high rate of speed.
The suspect is described as approximately 15-17 years of age, between 150 and 180 pounds, and was wearing black jeans and a grey or white hooded sweatshirt. The vehicle is described as a smaller sedan, with a sun roof, and a silver or white strip across the bottom.
The two stolen phones are valued at over $1,300.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Three Northwood Elementary School teachers to retire in June - Royal Oak
- Traveling Vietnam Wall coming to township for Memorial Day weekend - Clinton Township
- Shelby, Utica police offer parking lots, lobbies for transactions - Shelby Township
- Madison district, Habitat Oakland make case for Halfman project - Madison Heights
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Schools, library to once again host summer nutrition program - Harper Woods
- South student’s artwork to be displayed in the U.S. Capitol - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe