Macomb Township cellphone store robbery captured on camera
April 4, 2013
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — Detectives with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department are searching for a male who casually walked into the AT&T Cellular Phone store at 20759 Hall Road in Macomb Township March 29, and stole two cellphones from a rack.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham is asking for assistance in identifying the suspect who entered the busy store at just after 7 p.m.
The suspect walked up to a display area and ripped away two Apple iPhones that were secured to the rack. The man then ran to the door and exited the building while being chased by employees. The employees observed the suspect run around the side of the building and into a black vehicle. He then drove from the parking lot, exiting onto Heydenreich at a high rate of speed.
The suspect is described as approximately 15-17 years of age, between 150 and 180 pounds, and was wearing black jeans and a grey or white hooded sweatshirt. The vehicle is described as a smaller sedan, with a sun roof, and a silver or white strip across the bottom.
The two stolen phones are valued at over $1,300.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores