Macomb Township cellphone store robbery captured on camera
By Julie Snyder
April 4, 2013
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — Detectives with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department are searching for a male who casually walked into the AT&T Cellular Phone store at 20759 Hall Road in Macomb Township March 29, and stole two cellphones from a rack.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham is asking for assistance in identifying the suspect who entered the busy store at just after 7 p.m.
The suspect walked up to a display area and ripped away two Apple iPhones that were secured to the rack. The man then ran to the door and exited the building while being chased by employees. The employees observed the suspect run around the side of the building and into a black vehicle. He then drove from the parking lot, exiting onto Heydenreich at a high rate of speed.
The suspect is described as approximately 15-17 years of age, between 150 and 180 pounds, and was wearing black jeans and a grey or white hooded sweatshirt. The vehicle is described as a smaller sedan, with a sun roof, and a silver or white strip across the bottom.
The two stolen phones are valued at over $1,300.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- City moves water contract to new authority - St. Clair Shores
- Group unveils tentative list of crash-prone intersections - Metro Detroit
- Two Muses finds new location in Waterford theater - West Bloomfield
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Police seek information on bank hit-and-run crash - Roseville
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville