Macomb TownshipApril 4, 2013
Macomb Township cellphone store robbery captured on camera
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — Detectives with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department are searching for a male who casually walked into the AT&T Cellular Phone store at 20759 Hall Road in Macomb Township March 29, and stole two cellphones from a rack.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham is asking for assistance in identifying the suspect who entered the busy store at just after 7 p.m.
The suspect walked up to a display area and ripped away two Apple iPhones that were secured to the rack. The man then ran to the door and exited the building while being chased by employees. The employees observed the suspect run around the side of the building and into a black vehicle. He then drove from the parking lot, exiting onto Heydenreich at a high rate of speed.
The suspect is described as approximately 15-17 years of age, between 150 and 180 pounds, and was wearing black jeans and a grey or white hooded sweatshirt. The vehicle is described as a smaller sedan, with a sun roof, and a silver or white strip across the bottom.
The two stolen phones are valued at over $1,300.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi