Published August 26, 2014
Nine Mile death ruled suicide
By Kayla Dimick firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTHFIELD — Police found a man dead of a gunshot wound at a bridge underpass on Nine Mile, near the Southfield Freeway, at around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of a subject down.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers located a 56 year old Detroit man with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Originally, the incident was being investigated as a homicide.
After further investigation, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia said, the death has been ruled a suicide.
“Investigators also believe that this suicide is related to a domestic homicide that occurred in the city of Detroit,” Loussia said in a press release.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley