SOUTHFIELD — Police found a man dead of a gunshot wound at a bridge underpass on Nine Mile, near the Southfield Freeway, at around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of a subject down.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers located a 56 year old Detroit man with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Originally, the incident was being investigated as a homicide.
After further investigation, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia said, the death has been ruled a suicide.
“Investigators also believe that this suicide is related to a domestic homicide that occurred in the city of Detroit,” Loussia said in a press release.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township