Nine Mile death ruled suicide
By Kayla Dimick
August 26, 2014
SOUTHFIELD — Police found a man dead of a gunshot wound at a bridge underpass on Nine Mile, near the Southfield Freeway, at around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of a subject down.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers located a 56 year old Detroit man with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Originally, the incident was being investigated as a homicide.
After further investigation, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia said, the death has been ruled a suicide.
“Investigators also believe that this suicide is related to a domestic homicide that occurred in the city of Detroit,” Loussia said in a press release.
About the author
Staff Writer Kayla Dimick covers Southfield, Lathrup Village and Southfield Public Schools. Kayla has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2014 and attended Oakland University and St. Clair County Community College.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville