Man found dead in engine compartment of dump truck
Published October 21, 2013
A 38-year-old Detroit man was found dead this morning underneath a parked dump truck in Southfield.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to a parking lot in the 16000 block of 12 Mile Road at 9:38 a.m. Oct. 21 about an unresponsive man under the engine area of the truck. Loussia said an employee called 911 to report the incident. The Southfield Fire Department also responded.
“Based on a preliminary investigation of the incident, it appears the male was under the engine compartment of the vehicle, working on the vehicle,” Loussia said in an email Monday morning. “At this time, it appears that his clothing got caught up in the drive shaft, killing him.”
The man, who was found to be the owner of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, Loussia added.
At this time, no other information is known about the incident, though the Southfield Police Department is investigating what exactly happened.
- 30 DAYS
- Wading through uncertainty - Ferndale
- Voters say no to Proposal 1 - Metro Detroit
- Birmingham Public Schools bond approved - Birmingham
- The Riviera opens with special effects - Farmington Hills
- Grosse Pointe Schools chooses its new superintendent - Grosse Pointes
- School bond fails in Lake Shore - St. Clair Shores
- Bloomfield Hills Schools bond approved - Bloomfield Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson