Man found dead in engine compartment of dump truck
Published October 21, 2013
A 38-year-old Detroit man was found dead this morning underneath a parked dump truck in Southfield.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to a parking lot in the 16000 block of 12 Mile Road at 9:38 a.m. Oct. 21 about an unresponsive man under the engine area of the truck. Loussia said an employee called 911 to report the incident. The Southfield Fire Department also responded.
“Based on a preliminary investigation of the incident, it appears the male was under the engine compartment of the vehicle, working on the vehicle,” Loussia said in an email Monday morning. “At this time, it appears that his clothing got caught up in the drive shaft, killing him.”
The man, who was found to be the owner of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, Loussia added.
At this time, no other information is known about the incident, though the Southfield Police Department is investigating what exactly happened.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township