Man arrested for posing as a federal marshal
Published October 31, 2013
MOUNT CLEMENS — A 58-year-old Clinton Township man is back home after he created a major disturbance inside a Mount Clemens bar on Oct. 26.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to Fritz’s Pub on Main Street at 1:45 a.m. after a “seemingly intoxicated” man entered the bar and told customers that he was a federal marshal and was engaged in “a manhunt.”
According to the sheriff’s office, the man, later identified as Timothy Hulquist, was displaying a holstered firearm.
The weapon turned out to be an air-soft pistol.
Hulquist was arrested after a brief scuffle with deputies, and he was arraigned on Oct. 28 in 41-B District Court on charges of disorderly person and resisting and obstructing police.
He was given personal bond and was released.
When asked if Hulquist was in fact intoxicated or if a breathalyzer test was completed, Uniform Service Lt. John Michalke said, “Intoxication is not an element of the crime for which he was arrested.” It was unknown at press time if Hulquist had hired an attorney.
Hulquist has no known prior convictions in the area, according to the Macomb County Circuit Court website.
No one was injured in the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe