WARREN — Warren police said a Madison Heights man died Sept. 8 after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads.
Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the victim, 74-year-old Ronald Walters, was operating a Harley-Davidson on westbound 13 Mile Road east of Van Dyke at about 10:30 p.m.
“There was a witness. The witness tells us that the motorcycle was riding west on 13 Mile at the curve (at Chicago Road), where it’s heading toward Van Dyke,” Metz said. “As he was negotiating the curve he either intended to go down 13 Mile or lost control and headed that way. He hit the curb.”
Metz said Walters was transported to Royal Oak’s William Beaumont Hospital where he was pronounced dead. She said he was wearing a helmet when he crashed.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash and Metz said there were no other apparent contributing factors.
“We’re investigating still. We have no reason to believe there was anything else involved here. It just looks like he lost control for some reason,” Metz said.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township