WARREN — Warren police said a Madison Heights man died Sept. 8 after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads.
Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the victim, 74-year-old Ronald Walters, was operating a Harley-Davidson on westbound 13 Mile Road east of Van Dyke at about 10:30 p.m.
“There was a witness. The witness tells us that the motorcycle was riding west on 13 Mile at the curve (at Chicago Road), where it’s heading toward Van Dyke,” Metz said. “As he was negotiating the curve he either intended to go down 13 Mile or lost control and headed that way. He hit the curb.”
Metz said Walters was transported to Royal Oak’s William Beaumont Hospital where he was pronounced dead. She said he was wearing a helmet when he crashed.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash and Metz said there were no other apparent contributing factors.
“We’re investigating still. We have no reason to believe there was anything else involved here. It just looks like he lost control for some reason,” Metz said.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township