Harrison TownshipApril 25, 2013
Liquor store robber arrested in Clinton Township
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The man who held up Harrison Liquor Store on March 30 is behind bars in Clinton Township, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
Matthew Glenn Parmentier, 28, of Clinton Township, was arraigned April 12 on charges of robbing Gemini Market on Harper Avenue three times in one week.
According to law enforcement officials there, Parmentier allegedly robbed the Clinton Township store on April 4, April 5 and again on April 10.
In all three crimes, the suspect used a black semi-automatic handgun, stole cash and lottery tickets, and concealed the lower part of his face with a red bandana.
The suspect’s method of operation was the same in the Harrison Township robbery, and the description of the suspect was the same in all four incidents.
Sheriff Lt. John Michalke said Parmentier will soon be charged with the evening robbery at Harrison Liquor Store located on Jefferson Avenue.
“Through interviews, we implicated him in the robbery in our jurisdiction,” he said. “A warrant request has been prepared; however, the charges have not yet been authorized, nor has he been arraigned.”
Michalke said charges against Parmentier are pending.
A court-appointed attorney assigned to represent Parmentier said at press time that he likely would refrain to comment until after he became more familiar with the case and after a preliminary examination.
Parmentier was jailed in Macomb County Jail on a $610,000 bond for the three charges of armed robbery, plus another charge of committing larceny in a building. A preliminary examination was scheduled for the morning of April 24 in 41B District Court.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Community gets ready for 38th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade Nov. 29 - Grosse Pointe City
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time