Liquor store robber arrested in Clinton Township
Published April 25, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The man who held up Harrison Liquor Store on March 30 is behind bars in Clinton Township, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
Matthew Glenn Parmentier, 28, of Clinton Township, was arraigned April 12 on charges of robbing Gemini Market on Harper Avenue three times in one week.
According to law enforcement officials there, Parmentier allegedly robbed the Clinton Township store on April 4, April 5 and again on April 10.
In all three crimes, the suspect used a black semi-automatic handgun, stole cash and lottery tickets, and concealed the lower part of his face with a red bandana.
The suspect’s method of operation was the same in the Harrison Township robbery, and the description of the suspect was the same in all four incidents.
Sheriff Lt. John Michalke said Parmentier will soon be charged with the evening robbery at Harrison Liquor Store located on Jefferson Avenue.
“Through interviews, we implicated him in the robbery in our jurisdiction,” he said. “A warrant request has been prepared; however, the charges have not yet been authorized, nor has he been arraigned.”
Michalke said charges against Parmentier are pending.
A court-appointed attorney assigned to represent Parmentier said at press time that he likely would refrain to comment until after he became more familiar with the case and after a preliminary examination.
Parmentier was jailed in Macomb County Jail on a $610,000 bond for the three charges of armed robbery, plus another charge of committing larceny in a building. A preliminary examination was scheduled for the morning of April 24 in 41B District Court.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe