MOUNT CLEMENS — A 29-year-old Mount Clemens man was shot twice the night of July 8 as he stood in front of a home in the 200 block of North Broadway, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
According to officials, the shooting occurred at 10:06 p.m. The victim and his cousin were standing in front of the North Broadway address when an unknown male walked up to them and started shooting. After being shot, one time in each leg, the victim ran to the Park Place Tower Apartments and called 911.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, and sheriff’s officials report that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Sheriff’s deputies and evidence technicians subsequently located 15 9mm shell casings near the intersection of North Broadway and Clara Streets.
Investigators have no known suspects, and anyone with any information on the identity of the shooter is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods