MOUNT CLEMENS — A 29-year-old Mount Clemens man was shot twice the night of July 8 as he stood in front of a home in the 200 block of North Broadway, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
According to officials, the shooting occurred at 10:06 p.m. The victim and his cousin were standing in front of the North Broadway address when an unknown male walked up to them and started shooting. After being shot, one time in each leg, the victim ran to the Park Place Tower Apartments and called 911.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, and sheriff’s officials report that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Sheriff’s deputies and evidence technicians subsequently located 15 9mm shell casings near the intersection of North Broadway and Clara Streets.
Investigators have no known suspects, and anyone with any information on the identity of the shooter is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Commission candidates share priorities at forum - Bloomfield Hills
- Traffic study closes lanes on service drive, Main Street near Woodward - Pleasant Ridge
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township