Investigators still looking for shooter
By Julie Snyder
July 17, 2014
MOUNT CLEMENS — A 29-year-old Mount Clemens man was shot twice the night of July 8 as he stood in front of a home in the 200 block of North Broadway, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
According to officials, the shooting occurred at 10:06 p.m. The victim and his cousin were standing in front of the North Broadway address when an unknown male walked up to them and started shooting. After being shot, one time in each leg, the victim ran to the Park Place Tower Apartments and called 911.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, and sheriff’s officials report that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Sheriff’s deputies and evidence technicians subsequently located 15 9mm shell casings near the intersection of North Broadway and Clara Streets.
Investigators have no known suspects, and anyone with any information on the identity of the shooter is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville