MOUNT CLEMENS — A 29-year-old Mount Clemens man was shot twice the night of July 8 as he stood in front of a home in the 200 block of North Broadway, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
According to officials, the shooting occurred at 10:06 p.m. The victim and his cousin were standing in front of the North Broadway address when an unknown male walked up to them and started shooting. After being shot, one time in each leg, the victim ran to the Park Place Tower Apartments and called 911.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, and sheriff’s officials report that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Sheriff’s deputies and evidence technicians subsequently located 15 9mm shell casings near the intersection of North Broadway and Clara Streets.
Investigators have no known suspects, and anyone with any information on the identity of the shooter is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township