Published April 10, 2014
Investigators release images of Harrison Township burglar
By Julie Snyder email@example.com
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in identifying a subject who broke into a Harrison Township gas station at around 2:46 a.m. April 9.
The sheriff’s office received a call from an alarm-monitoring company that an alarm was coming in at the Boat Town Sunoco located at 30158 South River Road near Jefferson.
Deputies responded and upon checking the exterior of the building, they found a glass block window at the back of the store had been broken out. It appears that the subject climbed to the roof of the building and removed an air handling unit which provided him access to the store.
Once inside, the suspect utilized a hatchet to break into cash registers. The subject stole cash and cigarettes, and then as he was attempting to leave the store, he triggered a motion sensor which activated the alarm and a video-surveillance system. The suspect had to use a fire extinguisher to hastily batter a hole through the glass block so he could get out.
The man was wearing gloves, a hat, mask and a headlamp.
Deputies recovered some currency from the ground behind the building.
The sheriff’s office is asking that anyone who may have information on the identity of the subject to call the Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358 or (586) 307-9412.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley