A Roseville man threatening to jump off the Barkman Street overpass of Interstate 696 caused the closure of all interstate lanes during the morning of Sept. 23 until emergency personnel were able to get him down.
According to a Roseville Police Department press release, the man was despondent over health issues and was threatening to commit suicide for about 45 minutes until a crisis negotiator was able to convince him to let firefighters from Eastpointe and Roseville get him down.
The man was taken to a local hospital for observation, the release said.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township