A Roseville man threatening to jump off the Barkman Street overpass of Interstate 696 caused the closure of all interstate lanes during the morning of Sept. 23 until emergency personnel were able to get him down.
According to a Roseville Police Department press release, the man was despondent over health issues and was threatening to commit suicide for about 45 minutes until a crisis negotiator was able to convince him to let firefighters from Eastpointe and Roseville get him down.
The man was taken to a local hospital for observation, the release said.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods