HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives tracked down and arrested the suspect involved in the Oct. 2 bank robbery in Harrison Township.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said 55-year-old Brian Detmers of Chesterfield Township was arrested on Oct. 3 and charged with the robbery at the Huntington Bank on Bridgeview Drive.
According to the initial crime report, Detmers allegedly entered the bank alone at approximately 4:07 p.m. He handed a note to one of the tellers which stated a demand for money. Wickersham would not divulge details of the note, but did say that no weapon was seen on the suspect.
The suspect, who was not disguised, then left the bank and fled on foot in an unknown direction. Wickersham said the clear image of the robber helped his detectives in their investigation.
“We released a high-quality bank surveillance photograph (to the media) right after the incident. That photo generated a number of calls from people who recognized the individual,” said Wickersham.
Detmers was arraigned in the 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on Oct. 4. He was granted a $500,000 cash or surety bond and currently remains in the Macomb County jail. His next court date is Oct. 16.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township