Published March 20, 2013
Gray-haired man gives children candy
By Chris Jackett firstname.lastname@example.org
The old lesson of not taking candy from strangers still holds true.
Two children were playing in a front yard of a residence near 14 Mile and High Street at about 2:30 p.m. March 14 when they got a surprise visitor.
“They were playing in the area and (were) approached by a gray-haired man with a play shovel,” Clawson Police Lt. Scott Sarvello said.
The children were cousins, an 11-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy. They said the man asked them whether the toy shovel was theirs and, when they replied that it was not, he handed each of them a box of candy and walked away, heading east. The man did not have a vehicle nearby that the children saw.
“It could have been a good neighbor. They had no idea who this guy was,” Sarvello said. “I’m hoping this is as it sounds, but it’s really strange.”
The two children ran inside and told their parents, who, as did Sarvello, warned them about taking candy from strangers.
The man was wearing a black coat and black pants at the time of the incident.
Anyone with more information should contact Clawson police at (248) 524-3477.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley