Gray-haired man gives children candy
March 20, 2013
The old lesson of not taking candy from strangers still holds true.
Two children were playing in a front yard of a residence near 14 Mile and High Street at about 2:30 p.m. March 14 when they got a surprise visitor.
“They were playing in the area and (were) approached by a gray-haired man with a play shovel,” Clawson Police Lt. Scott Sarvello said.
The children were cousins, an 11-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy. They said the man asked them whether the toy shovel was theirs and, when they replied that it was not, he handed each of them a box of candy and walked away, heading east. The man did not have a vehicle nearby that the children saw.
“It could have been a good neighbor. They had no idea who this guy was,” Sarvello said. “I’m hoping this is as it sounds, but it’s really strange.”
The two children ran inside and told their parents, who, as did Sarvello, warned them about taking candy from strangers.
The man was wearing a black coat and black pants at the time of the incident.
Anyone with more information should contact Clawson police at (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township