Four people being held in alleged homicide
January 15, 2014
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Four people were being held in Macomb County Jail at press time in relation to the death of 33-year-old James Edward Williams.
Belinda Denise Jones, 44, Marquis Allen Oneal, 23, Deangelo Jones, 21, and Donald Odell Roberts, 21, were all being held for the alleged homicide of Williams.
They are being charged with second-degree murder. Belinda Jones and Roberts are under $1 million bonds, while Oneal and Deangelo Jones are under $500,000 bonds.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in the 34000 block of Lipke Street in mid-November, in what Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle described as a possible drug deal gone wrong.
“(Belinda Jones’) son ripped off (Williams) selling weed,” he said. “It was her son and two other guys.”
After an alleged argument took place, things got heated between Williams and the group. Williams reportedly had multiple stab wounds and a collapsed lung. He was taken to McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens but was unable to be saved. His life support was removed, and he died Dec. 2.
Prior to the Dec. 25 arrest of Oneal, the two members of the Jones family and Roberts were in 41-B District Court on Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing. The pretrial was delayed as Judge Sebastian Lucido ordered Belinda Jones to undergo a psychiatric exam.
Court is expected to adjourn for a preliminary exam on March 5 at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Linda Davis at 41-B District Court, with all four allegedly involved in the incident being present.
A lawyer for Belinda and Deangelo Jones did not return calls seeking comment.
About the author
Nick Mordowanec covers Fraser, Clinton Township, Fraser School District, Clintondale Community Schools and Baker College for the Fraser-Clinton Chronicle. Nick has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and graduated from Michigan State University. He has slight obsessions with sports, Seinfeld and Led Zeppelin.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville