CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Four people were being held in Macomb County Jail at press time in relation to the death of 33-year-old James Edward Williams.
Belinda Denise Jones, 44, Marquis Allen Oneal, 23, Deangelo Jones, 21, and Donald Odell Roberts, 21, were all being held for the alleged homicide of Williams.
They are being charged with second-degree murder. Belinda Jones and Roberts are under $1 million bonds, while Oneal and Deangelo Jones are under $500,000 bonds.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in the 34000 block of Lipke Street in mid-November, in what Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle described as a possible drug deal gone wrong.
“(Belinda Jones’) son ripped off (Williams) selling weed,” he said. “It was her son and two other guys.”
After an alleged argument took place, things got heated between Williams and the group. Williams reportedly had multiple stab wounds and a collapsed lung. He was taken to McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens but was unable to be saved. His life support was removed, and he died Dec. 2.
Prior to the Dec. 25 arrest of Oneal, the two members of the Jones family and Roberts were in 41-B District Court on Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing. The pretrial was delayed as Judge Sebastian Lucido ordered Belinda Jones to undergo a psychiatric exam.
Court is expected to adjourn for a preliminary exam on March 5 at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Linda Davis at 41-B District Court, with all four allegedly involved in the incident being present.
A lawyer for Belinda and Deangelo Jones did not return calls seeking comment.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township