Published January 15, 2014
Four people being held in alleged homicide
By Nick Mordowanec firstname.lastname@example.org
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Four people were being held in Macomb County Jail at press time in relation to the death of 33-year-old James Edward Williams.
Belinda Denise Jones, 44, Marquis Allen Oneal, 23, Deangelo Jones, 21, and Donald Odell Roberts, 21, were all being held for the alleged homicide of Williams.
They are being charged with second-degree murder. Belinda Jones and Roberts are under $1 million bonds, while Oneal and Deangelo Jones are under $500,000 bonds.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in the 34000 block of Lipke Street in mid-November, in what Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle described as a possible drug deal gone wrong.
“(Belinda Jones’) son ripped off (Williams) selling weed,” he said. “It was her son and two other guys.”
After an alleged argument took place, things got heated between Williams and the group. Williams reportedly had multiple stab wounds and a collapsed lung. He was taken to McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens but was unable to be saved. His life support was removed, and he died Dec. 2.
Prior to the Dec. 25 arrest of Oneal, the two members of the Jones family and Roberts were in 41-B District Court on Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing. The pretrial was delayed as Judge Sebastian Lucido ordered Belinda Jones to undergo a psychiatric exam.
Court is expected to adjourn for a preliminary exam on March 5 at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Linda Davis at 41-B District Court, with all four allegedly involved in the incident being present.
A lawyer for Belinda and Deangelo Jones did not return calls seeking comment.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- E-Lounge and I-Connect begin 2015 season - Madison Heights
- Thoroughbred meet starting soon at Hazel Park Raceway - Hazel Park
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley