Donna Scrivo was sentenced June 30 to life in prison without the possibility of parole in the death, disinterment and mutilation of her son’s body. Scrivo, 61, of St. Clair Shores, was found guilty May 18 of first-degree premeditated murder, disinterment and mutilation of a body; and removing a body without medical examiner’s permission in the January 2014 death of her 32-year-old son, Ramsay.
WARREN — While severe rain damaged basements and frustrated residents Aug. 11, the Center Line Public Schools Early Childhood Center on Cunningham Street also fell victim to the flooding.
There was extensive damage to the building, which has remained closed since the area’s historic rainfall. Companies have been working to repair what was damaged, and school officials remain confident the ECC will be open on time for the first day of school Sept. 2.
In the wake of the disaster, school officials have set up one room inside the ECC in which parents can register their children for programs. Those who come to the school for registration are asked to enter through door No. 6.
CLPS Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction Lisa Oleski said there also was “light flooding” at all the other buildings in the district. There also was “one area of significant flooding” at Center Line High School.
A Macomb County Flood Assistance folder was added to the district’s website at www.clps.org at the bottom of the home page with information for anyone in need of assistance in the aftermath. There also is a Macomb County health advisory on precautions to follow after the flooding.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- Guard against Lyme disease this summer - Metro Detroit
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Fire at dollar store significantly damages building - Harper Woods
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township