A 15-year-old student at East Detroit High School was hospitalized after an incident in the school’s pool area Nov. 8.
According to a press release by the Eastpointe Police Department, emergency services were called to the high school around 1:07 p.m. for an accident in the school pool. They were able to administer first aid to the student, and he was transported to a local hospital for further treatment.
Police detectives are continuing to find out what happened and interviewing witnesses, Public Safety Director John McNeilance said.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” McNeilance said. “We’re still talking to people and getting that put together.”
McNeilance said the department is awaiting an update on the victim’s condition.
Superintendent Joanne Lelekatch could not be reached for comment.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township