East Detroit student in hospital after pool incident
Published November 11, 2013
A 15-year-old student at East Detroit High School was hospitalized after an incident in the school’s pool area Nov. 8.
According to a press release by the Eastpointe Police Department, emergency services were called to the high school around 1:07 p.m. for an accident in the school pool. They were able to administer first aid to the student, and he was transported to a local hospital for further treatment.
Police detectives are continuing to find out what happened and interviewing witnesses, Public Safety Director John McNeilance said.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” McNeilance said. “We’re still talking to people and getting that put together.”
McNeilance said the department is awaiting an update on the victim’s condition.
Superintendent Joanne Lelekatch could not be reached for comment.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township