St. Clair Shores
Dismembered remains connected to St. Clair Shores
February 1, 2014
Police believe body parts found in St. Clair County are connected to a missing St. Clair Shores man.
According to a release from the department, St. Clair Shores Police received a report of a missing 32-year-old man Jan. 26. Four days later, around 3 p.m., the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of human remains discarded in trash bags in the area of Allington Road and Fred Moore Highway in St. Clair Township.
According to police, a person of interest was identified and the St. Clair Shores Police Department contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to provide them with information about the missing man. With help from the FBI, fingerprints taken from the dismembered body were linked to that of the 32-year-old missing man.
Working together, the St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office were able to develop a suspect and took a 59-year-old St. Clair Shores resident into custody Jan. 31. Police also searched two homes: one in the 22000 block of Rosedale and one in the 23000 block of Gary Lane.
The 59-year-old resident is in police custody, pending arraignment, which could come as early as Feb. 3. Police are not releasing the name of the 32-year-old man, pending notification of his family.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township