St. Clair Shores
Published February 1, 2014
Dismembered remains connected to St. Clair Shores
By Kristyne E. Demske email@example.com
Police believe body parts found in St. Clair County are connected to a missing St. Clair Shores man.
According to a release from the department, St. Clair Shores Police received a report of a missing 32-year-old man Jan. 26. Four days later, around 3 p.m., the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of human remains discarded in trash bags in the area of Allington Road and Fred Moore Highway in St. Clair Township.
According to police, a person of interest was identified and the St. Clair Shores Police Department contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to provide them with information about the missing man. With help from the FBI, fingerprints taken from the dismembered body were linked to that of the 32-year-old missing man.
Working together, the St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office were able to develop a suspect and took a 59-year-old St. Clair Shores resident into custody Jan. 31. Police also searched two homes: one in the 22000 block of Rosedale and one in the 23000 block of Gary Lane.
The 59-year-old resident is in police custody, pending arraignment, which could come as early as Feb. 3. Police are not releasing the name of the 32-year-old man, pending notification of his family.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley