St. Clair Shores
Dismembered remains connected to St. Clair Shores
February 1, 2014
Police believe body parts found in St. Clair County are connected to a missing St. Clair Shores man.
According to a release from the department, St. Clair Shores Police received a report of a missing 32-year-old man Jan. 26. Four days later, around 3 p.m., the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of human remains discarded in trash bags in the area of Allington Road and Fred Moore Highway in St. Clair Township.
According to police, a person of interest was identified and the St. Clair Shores Police Department contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to provide them with information about the missing man. With help from the FBI, fingerprints taken from the dismembered body were linked to that of the 32-year-old missing man.
Working together, the St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office were able to develop a suspect and took a 59-year-old St. Clair Shores resident into custody Jan. 31. Police also searched two homes: one in the 22000 block of Rosedale and one in the 23000 block of Gary Lane.
The 59-year-old resident is in police custody, pending arraignment, which could come as early as Feb. 3. Police are not releasing the name of the 32-year-old man, pending notification of his family.
About the author
Staff Writer Kristyne E. Demske covers St. Clair Shores and the Lake Shore, Lakeview and South Lake public schools for the Sentinel. Kristyne has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2004 and attended Michigan State University and Chippewa Valley High School.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights