St. Clair Shores
Dismembered remains connected to St. Clair Shores
February 1, 2014
Police believe body parts found in St. Clair County are connected to a missing St. Clair Shores man.
According to a release from the department, St. Clair Shores Police received a report of a missing 32-year-old man Jan. 26. Four days later, around 3 p.m., the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of human remains discarded in trash bags in the area of Allington Road and Fred Moore Highway in St. Clair Township.
According to police, a person of interest was identified and the St. Clair Shores Police Department contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to provide them with information about the missing man. With help from the FBI, fingerprints taken from the dismembered body were linked to that of the 32-year-old missing man.
Working together, the St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office were able to develop a suspect and took a 59-year-old St. Clair Shores resident into custody Jan. 31. Police also searched two homes: one in the 22000 block of Rosedale and one in the 23000 block of Gary Lane.
The 59-year-old resident is in police custody, pending arraignment, which could come as early as Feb. 3. Police are not releasing the name of the 32-year-old man, pending notification of his family.
- 30 DAYS
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- Phase two of sewer relief projects approved by Board - Clinton Township
- Help your car stand the heat - Metro Detroit
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township