St. Clair Shores
Dismembered remains connected to St. Clair Shores
Published February 1, 2014
Police believe body parts found in St. Clair County are connected to a missing St. Clair Shores man.
According to a release from the department, St. Clair Shores Police received a report of a missing 32-year-old man Jan. 26. Four days later, around 3 p.m., the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of human remains discarded in trash bags in the area of Allington Road and Fred Moore Highway in St. Clair Township.
According to police, a person of interest was identified and the St. Clair Shores Police Department contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office to provide them with information about the missing man. With help from the FBI, fingerprints taken from the dismembered body were linked to that of the 32-year-old missing man.
Working together, the St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office were able to develop a suspect and took a 59-year-old St. Clair Shores resident into custody Jan. 31. Police also searched two homes: one in the 22000 block of Rosedale and one in the 23000 block of Gary Lane.
The 59-year-old resident is in police custody, pending arraignment, which could come as early as Feb. 3. Police are not releasing the name of the 32-year-old man, pending notification of his family.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe