Published April 15, 2013
Detroit girl, 13, reports attempted abduction in Eastpointe
By Sara Kandel email@example.com
Police in Eastpointe are on the lookout for a suspicious man in a red Ford Taurus after a 13-year-old girl reported an attempted abduction last Friday.
The Kelly Middle School student told police that she was walking home from school down Universal, near Ego, at approximately 2:30 p.m. April 12 when she noticed a car, which she described as a rusted, red Ford Taurus sedan, following her.
The car eventually pulled over and the lone occupant got out and began following the girl, walking behind her south down Universal. Frightened, the girl told police she started to run toward her home on the other side of Eight Mile Road in Detroit.
According to the girl’s statement, the suspect chased her for another block before turning around, returning to his car and fleeing in the opposite direction.
The girl continued across Eight Mile safely and made it home without further incident. The girl waited at home for her mom to return from work at 5:30 p.m., at which time the two went to the Eastpointe Police Department and filed a report.
The suspect was described as a white man in his 30s, approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall with a medium build and wearing a black skullcap and black leather coat.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Eastpointe Police Department at (586) 445-5100.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Dinner to support Warming Center - Mount Clemens
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley