Detroit girl, 13, reports attempted abduction in Eastpointe
Published April 15, 2013
Police in Eastpointe are on the lookout for a suspicious man in a red Ford Taurus after a 13-year-old girl reported an attempted abduction last Friday.
The Kelly Middle School student told police that she was walking home from school down Universal, near Ego, at approximately 2:30 p.m. April 12 when she noticed a car, which she described as a rusted, red Ford Taurus sedan, following her.
The car eventually pulled over and the lone occupant got out and began following the girl, walking behind her south down Universal. Frightened, the girl told police she started to run toward her home on the other side of Eight Mile Road in Detroit.
According to the girl’s statement, the suspect chased her for another block before turning around, returning to his car and fleeing in the opposite direction.
The girl continued across Eight Mile safely and made it home without further incident. The girl waited at home for her mom to return from work at 5:30 p.m., at which time the two went to the Eastpointe Police Department and filed a report.
The suspect was described as a white man in his 30s, approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall with a medium build and wearing a black skullcap and black leather coat.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Eastpointe Police Department at (586) 445-5100.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe