Police in Eastpointe are on the lookout for a suspicious man in a red Ford Taurus after a 13-year-old girl reported an attempted abduction last Friday.
The Kelly Middle School student told police that she was walking home from school down Universal, near Ego, at approximately 2:30 p.m. April 12 when she noticed a car, which she described as a rusted, red Ford Taurus sedan, following her.
The car eventually pulled over and the lone occupant got out and began following the girl, walking behind her south down Universal. Frightened, the girl told police she started to run toward her home on the other side of Eight Mile Road in Detroit.
According to the girl’s statement, the suspect chased her for another block before turning around, returning to his car and fleeing in the opposite direction.
The girl continued across Eight Mile safely and made it home without further incident. The girl waited at home for her mom to return from work at 5:30 p.m., at which time the two went to the Eastpointe Police Department and filed a report.
The suspect was described as a white man in his 30s, approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall with a medium build and wearing a black skullcap and black leather coat.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Eastpointe Police Department at (586) 445-5100.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights