Detroit girl, 13, reports attempted abduction in Eastpointe
April 15, 2013
Police in Eastpointe are on the lookout for a suspicious man in a red Ford Taurus after a 13-year-old girl reported an attempted abduction last Friday.
The Kelly Middle School student told police that she was walking home from school down Universal, near Ego, at approximately 2:30 p.m. April 12 when she noticed a car, which she described as a rusted, red Ford Taurus sedan, following her.
The car eventually pulled over and the lone occupant got out and began following the girl, walking behind her south down Universal. Frightened, the girl told police she started to run toward her home on the other side of Eight Mile Road in Detroit.
According to the girl’s statement, the suspect chased her for another block before turning around, returning to his car and fleeing in the opposite direction.
The girl continued across Eight Mile safely and made it home without further incident. The girl waited at home for her mom to return from work at 5:30 p.m., at which time the two went to the Eastpointe Police Department and filed a report.
The suspect was described as a white man in his 30s, approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall with a medium build and wearing a black skullcap and black leather coat.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Eastpointe Police Department at (586) 445-5100.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township