Detectives seek additional witnesses in hit and run
Published September 10, 2013
MOUNT CLEMENS — Macomb County Sheriff detectives are still investigating a hit and run incident that occurred in Mount Clemens Aug. 31.
According to one witness, the victim, a 53-year-old woman from Mount Clemens, was crossing Dickinson near Third Street at approximately 1:40 a.m. when she was struck by a dark-colored sedan.
Lt. John Michalke said the victim rolled up onto the hood of the vehicle and then rolled off onto the street.
The witness told investigators that the driver of the sedan stopped and got out of his vehicle, seemingly aware that he had struck the woman. The man told the one witness that he was going to go and “call 911,” at which time he got back into his car and fled the scene northeast on Gibbs Street.
The man is described as white with a “fuzzy” beard. He is in his late 20’s or early 30’s and he was wearing a black shirt, black shorts and black shoes. The vehicle he was driving was a dark-colored sedan, possibly a 2009 or 2010 model year. The car may be burgundy or black and it should have some front-end damage, Michalke said.
The victim suffered head and leg injuries and she remains in an area hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call Macomb County Sheriff’s Detective Chris Fraser at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township