An Eastpointe man is charged with child sexually abusive activity after attempting to meet up with a 13-year-old Detroit girl he met on Facebook.
Michael Starr, 22, is charged with one count of child sexually abusive activity, two counts of using a computer to communicate with another to commit a crime and accosting a minor for immoral purposes.
According to the complaint filed by Wayne County Prosecutor Kim Worthy, Starr contacted the girl multiple times on Facebook, eventually suggesting they meet and engage in sex. However, the message was intercepted by the girl’s father, who decided to take an offensive approach and, pretending to be his daughter, began sending messages and eventually agreed to meet for sex.
Still acting as his daughter, the father provided their home address in the 8600 block of Plainview and set up a time to meet. Starr reportedly showed up as planned, except instead of a minor child waiting for him, it was an angry father who apprehended Starr and held him until police arrived.
Starr was arrested at the scene and arraigned April 7 in 36th District Court in Detroit. A preliminary exam scheduled for April 16 was postponed to 1:30 p.m. June 10. According to 36th District Court records, Starr had not been assigned a public defender and no attorney was on record at press time.
Calls to Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Maria Miller, the director of communications at the Prosecutor’s Office, were not returned at press time.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township