Published September 23, 2013
Bond denied for suspect accused of killing Wixom man in Southfield
By Jessica Strachan email@example.com
Tre Devon Johnson
A 20-year-old Detroit man has been charged with the murder of Leonard Bernard Graham, the Wixom man who went missing last week in Southfield.
Tre Devon Johnson, who was said to have been an acquaintance of Graham’s, was denied bond during his arraignment Sept. 23 before Judge Donna Posey in the 46th District Court. He was charged with homicide and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Graham, 24, was last seen Sept. 14 at a party at an apartment complex in Southfield, according to Wixom police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said the department was assisting Wixom authorities in the investigation to find Graham when they discovered a body near the 27000 block of Franklin Road.
“Late last night, the Southfield Police Department assisted the Wixom Police Department with a missing person investigation. … Based on evidence at that location, investigators had reason to believe that a violent crime at been committed,” he said in an email Sept. 20. “Further investigation resulted in locating a deceased individual in a nearby wooded area. Based on the preliminary investigation, investigators believe that the deceased individual is the missing person from Wixom.”
According to the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office, Graham suffered a single gunshot wound to the head.
A missing person’s report was filed at the Wixom Police Department after Graham was not heard from after Sept. 15, according to a Sept. 18 press release issued from the department. At that time, Wixom authorities were in possession of Graham’s white 2011 Chevrolet Impala and were seeking the public’s help in gathering information his whereabouts.
Loussia said he did not have information to release on whether the homicide scene was near the apartment complex where Graham was last seen.
The Michigan State Police and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation, and Loussia noted that the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
He noted that it’s still not clear how Graham and Johnson knew each other.
Johnson is due back in court at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 30 for his pre-exam conference. There was no attorney listed on file for him at the 46th District Court at press time.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson