Body found in Warren field
June 12, 2013
WARREN — Police said there were no obvious signs of foul play but that an investigation was ongoing June 11 after the owner of a property near Toepfer and Groesbeck found a body thought to be that of a 45-year-old man in a field.
Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said detectives were sent to the field at Edom and Prospect, west of Groesbeck, at about 2 p.m.
“He was found by the property owner a little bit off the roadway,” Mills said. “There were no signs of foul play, no injuries to the body, no drag marks.”
Mills said the man had Florida identification on him and that it appeared he had been dead less than 24 hours.
The name on the identification card matched an entry in a law enforcement database but a final positive identification remained pending.
The body was sent for an autopsy and Mills said police would also seek a toxicology report to determine how the man died.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville