WARREN — Police said exposure to the elements likely killed a man found dead outside of a business on Easy Street east of Groesbeck and just north of 10 Mile Road early Nov. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, an employee taking out the garbage at KEO Cutters found the 48-year-old man at about 6 a.m. She said the man had reportedly been seen in the area before, most recently at about 11:45 a.m. Nov. 2.
Metz said the deceased man was identified but that his name was not immediately released pending the notification of family members.
“He was homeless. He was laying on the ground with a vodka bottle, Red Bull, a lighter, some personal items laying next to him,” Metz said.
An employee reportedly told police he had given the man some clothing previously.
Metz said no foul play was evident and that an examination would likely determine the cause of death.
The onset of colder weather this month, tragically, signals danger for those living outdoors.
Last November, a 55-year-old man who had left his home in Eastpointe a month earlier was found dead in a section of the Bear Creek, near Van Dyke and Old 13 Mile Road. Warren police said the relatively secluded area was a known destination for homeless people and transients. No foul play was suspected.
The body of a 50-year-old man was found dead in a tent near 11 Mile Road and Mound in March. Police said several homeless people were apparently living in tents at the site. The man was reportedly found with his belongings by an acquaintance and police did not rule the death suspicious.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township