WARREN — Police said exposure to the elements likely killed a man found dead outside of a business on Easy Street east of Groesbeck and just north of 10 Mile Road early Nov. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, an employee taking out the garbage at KEO Cutters found the 48-year-old man at about 6 a.m. She said the man had reportedly been seen in the area before, most recently at about 11:45 a.m. Nov. 2.
Metz said the deceased man was identified but that his name was not immediately released pending the notification of family members.
“He was homeless. He was laying on the ground with a vodka bottle, Red Bull, a lighter, some personal items laying next to him,” Metz said.
An employee reportedly told police he had given the man some clothing previously.
Metz said no foul play was evident and that an examination would likely determine the cause of death.
The onset of colder weather this month, tragically, signals danger for those living outdoors.
Last November, a 55-year-old man who had left his home in Eastpointe a month earlier was found dead in a section of the Bear Creek, near Van Dyke and Old 13 Mile Road. Warren police said the relatively secluded area was a known destination for homeless people and transients. No foul play was suspected.
The body of a 50-year-old man was found dead in a tent near 11 Mile Road and Mound in March. Police said several homeless people were apparently living in tents at the site. The man was reportedly found with his belongings by an acquaintance and police did not rule the death suspicious.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Court pushes back exam dates for crash survivors - Romeo
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Experts weigh in on the proper use of roundabouts - Southfield
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit