Police are looking for a red-headed man with a red goatee and mustache who tried to rob the Flagstar Bank on Nine Mile Road at Harper Avenue March 6.
St. Clair Shores Police Detective Margaret Eidt said that a man in this late 20s to early 30s, between 6-foot 1-inch and 6-foot 3-inches tall, with a thin build and reddish hair with a matching goatee and mustache walked into the bank at 2:09 p.m.
At that time, Eidt said, the man walked past the ATM, looked inside the bank and walked back to his car. He came back into the bank at 2:12 p.m., walking in then immediately leaving again.
“At 2:17, he came in and went to the teller, presented a note relating that he had a pistol, and then the teller told him she was busy and he had to wait,” Eidt said.
She said the suspect continued to pursue the matter and the teller repeatedly held him off: “Her octave kept going up higher and higher until the bank manager heard.”
When the bank manager walked up and asked if he needed help, Eidt said, the suspect “crumpled up the note, put it in his pocket and walked out of the bank.”
The suspect was wearing a green, maroon, black and white horizontal striped hooded jacket, a baseball cap, khaki pants and tennis shoes. The incident was caught on tape and Eidt said they have a “very good” image of the suspect.
Anyone with any information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call St. Clair Shores Police at (586) 445-5305 and ask for Detective Margaret Eidt.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores