Police are looking for a red-headed man with a red goatee and mustache who tried to rob the Flagstar Bank on Nine Mile Road at Harper Avenue March 6.
St. Clair Shores Police Detective Margaret Eidt said that a man in this late 20s to early 30s, between 6-foot 1-inch and 6-foot 3-inches tall, with a thin build and reddish hair with a matching goatee and mustache walked into the bank at 2:09 p.m.
At that time, Eidt said, the man walked past the ATM, looked inside the bank and walked back to his car. He came back into the bank at 2:12 p.m., walking in then immediately leaving again.
“At 2:17, he came in and went to the teller, presented a note relating that he had a pistol, and then the teller told him she was busy and he had to wait,” Eidt said.
She said the suspect continued to pursue the matter and the teller repeatedly held him off: “Her octave kept going up higher and higher until the bank manager heard.”
When the bank manager walked up and asked if he needed help, Eidt said, the suspect “crumpled up the note, put it in his pocket and walked out of the bank.”
The suspect was wearing a green, maroon, black and white horizontal striped hooded jacket, a baseball cap, khaki pants and tennis shoes. The incident was caught on tape and Eidt said they have a “very good” image of the suspect.
Anyone with any information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call St. Clair Shores Police at (586) 445-5305 and ask for Detective Margaret Eidt.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit