Assault at Dairy Queen stems from alleged affair
By Terry Oparka
August 6, 2013
Troy police were called to the Dairy Queen at 6017 Rochester just before 9 p.m. Aug. 3 on a report of two men fighting.
Officers arrived and found the victim with severe injuries to his face, ribs and right leg. The suspect, 34, from Troy, reportedly told police he beat up the victim because he allegedly was having an affair with his wife.
The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, and the suspect was arrested for assault to commit great bodily harm, less than murder.
About the author
Staff Writer Terry Oparka covers Troy and the Troy School District for the Troy Times. Oparka has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2000 and attended Oakland University and Macomb Community College. Oparka has won an award from the Michigan Press Association and three awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Detroit Chapter.
- 30 DAYS
- Police warn residents of IRS phone scam - Clawson
- Fire Department seeks a few good men and women - Troy
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Woman dies after police find her unresponsive in car - Royal Oak
- Downtown Birmingham rolls out new logo, holiday perks - Birmingham
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Holiday plays planned in Eastpointe - Eastpointe
- Ghost hunters report paranormal activity at Octagon House - Washington Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County