HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is seeking public assistance in identifying and locating an armed robber who held-up a Harrison Township liquor store on March 30.
According to sheriff’s authorities, the lone male robber entered Harrison Liquor Store on Jefferson Avenue at Manila Street at around 7:45 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham reports that the suspect, described as a white male with brown hair, brandished a black semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from a male clerk and threatened to shoot him.
The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, and the suspect demanded more money. When the clerk told the suspect that there was no more money, the suspect grabbed a handful of lottery tickets from a dispensing machine and fled the store. The suspect got into a gold vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Sunfire, and was seen traveling westbound on Manila.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the suspect is described as approximately 200 pound and between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height.
The suspect was wearing a black knit cap and had a red bandana over the lower part of his face, which makes it difficult to determine an approximate age. He was also wearing a dark gray or black long-sleeved shirt and dark pants, possibly sweatpants.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township