Armed robbery suspect on the lam
By Julie Snyder
April 1, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is seeking public assistance in identifying and locating an armed robber who held-up a Harrison Township liquor store on March 30.
According to sheriff’s authorities, the lone male robber entered Harrison Liquor Store on Jefferson Avenue at Manila Street at around 7:45 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham reports that the suspect, described as a white male with brown hair, brandished a black semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from a male clerk and threatened to shoot him.
The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, and the suspect demanded more money. When the clerk told the suspect that there was no more money, the suspect grabbed a handful of lottery tickets from a dispensing machine and fled the store. The suspect got into a gold vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Sunfire, and was seen traveling westbound on Manila.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the suspect is described as approximately 200 pound and between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height.
The suspect was wearing a black knit cap and had a red bandana over the lower part of his face, which makes it difficult to determine an approximate age. He was also wearing a dark gray or black long-sleeved shirt and dark pants, possibly sweatpants.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Local VFW receives grant for generator, building work - Madison Heights
- ‘30 Americans’ celebrates and explores identity and other issues - Detroit
- Dashing through the shows at the Macomb Center - Clinton Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights