HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is seeking public assistance in identifying and locating an armed robber who held-up a Harrison Township liquor store on March 30.
According to sheriff’s authorities, the lone male robber entered Harrison Liquor Store on Jefferson Avenue at Manila Street at around 7:45 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham reports that the suspect, described as a white male with brown hair, brandished a black semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from a male clerk and threatened to shoot him.
The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, and the suspect demanded more money. When the clerk told the suspect that there was no more money, the suspect grabbed a handful of lottery tickets from a dispensing machine and fled the store. The suspect got into a gold vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Sunfire, and was seen traveling westbound on Manila.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the suspect is described as approximately 200 pound and between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height.
The suspect was wearing a black knit cap and had a red bandana over the lower part of his face, which makes it difficult to determine an approximate age. He was also wearing a dark gray or black long-sleeved shirt and dark pants, possibly sweatpants.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Meijer plans curbside pickup - Rochester Hills
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Police chief recognized for domestic violence prevention - Southfield
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township