Harrison TownshipApril 1, 2013
Armed robbery suspect on the lam
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is seeking public assistance in identifying and locating an armed robber who held-up a Harrison Township liquor store on March 30.
According to sheriff’s authorities, the lone male robber entered Harrison Liquor Store on Jefferson Avenue at Manila Street at around 7:45 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham reports that the suspect, described as a white male with brown hair, brandished a black semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from a male clerk and threatened to shoot him.
The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, and the suspect demanded more money. When the clerk told the suspect that there was no more money, the suspect grabbed a handful of lottery tickets from a dispensing machine and fled the store. The suspect got into a gold vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Sunfire, and was seen traveling westbound on Manila.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the suspect is described as approximately 200 pound and between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height.
The suspect was wearing a black knit cap and had a red bandana over the lower part of his face, which makes it difficult to determine an approximate age. He was also wearing a dark gray or black long-sleeved shirt and dark pants, possibly sweatpants.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Community gets ready for 38th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade Nov. 29 - Grosse Pointe City
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time