Armed robbery suspect on the lam
By Julie Snyder
Posted April 1, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is seeking public assistance in identifying and locating an armed robber who held-up a Harrison Township liquor store on March 30.
According to sheriff’s authorities, the lone male robber entered Harrison Liquor Store on Jefferson Avenue at Manila Street at around 7:45 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham reports that the suspect, described as a white male with brown hair, brandished a black semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from a male clerk and threatened to shoot him.
The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, and the suspect demanded more money. When the clerk told the suspect that there was no more money, the suspect grabbed a handful of lottery tickets from a dispensing machine and fled the store. The suspect got into a gold vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Sunfire, and was seen traveling westbound on Manila.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the suspect is described as approximately 200 pound and between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height.
The suspect was wearing a black knit cap and had a red bandana over the lower part of his face, which makes it difficult to determine an approximate age. He was also wearing a dark gray or black long-sleeved shirt and dark pants, possibly sweatpants.
Anyone with information about the armed robbery is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
More from C & G Newspapers
Grosse Pointe Shores
- 30 DAYS
- Macomb Mall theater structure to be torn down - Roseville
- Fire & Ice with Spice supports #DougStrong - Clawson
- K-2 students adapt with their own tablets - Fraser
- Aging in place is made easier in high-tech era - Metro Detroit
- Blessings in a Backpack program helps 39 Kennedy students stay fed - Ferndale
- Woman stabbed at GM Tech Center - Warren
- Building on Big Beaver goes on auction block - Troy
- Hall Road project planned for 2017 - Shelby Township
- Chippewa graduate to compete on ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Clinton Township
- Park concept plan unveiled - Rochester Hills
- Bald eagles spotted around city - St. Clair Shores
- 6 places to purchase the perfect paczki - Metro Detroit
- Man shot multiple times, suspect on loose - Clinton Township
- Local student accepted to MIT - Clinton Township