MOUNT CLEMENS — Powers Distributing, the City of Mount Clemens Downtown Development Authority and Watts Up, Inc. will be hosting the new All American Jam music festival taking place in downtown Mount Clemens June 20-23.
Organizers say the free community-based festival will feature the annual Mount Clemens Fireworks, an Elliot’s Amusements Carnival on Main Street all weekend, free entertainment, exhibits, displays, and food and beverages.
Fireworks night is Friday, June 21, with a rain date of Saturday, June 22. Festival hours are: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, June 20 (carnival only); 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, June 21; 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 22; and 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, June 23.
Entertainment on the Miller Lite 104.3 WOMC Detroit Greatest Hits stage begins at 4 p.m. Friday, June 21, with Kiss tribute band War Machine, followed by The Sun Messengers, Aerosmith tribute band Mama Kin and the Detroit cover band Free Beer, which will conclude just prior to the fireworks display.
On Saturday, the Miller Lite 99.5 WYCD FM Detroit’s Country music festival begins at 2 p.m. with Annabelle Road, followed by Corn Daddy (alternative country/Americana), Dragon Wagon, and, at 7:30 p.m., David Hardin, the cousin of Tim Hardin — composer of “If I Were a Carpenter” — takes the stage, and the evening closes out with Detroit’s own Joey Vee.
Sunday is Mount Clemens Community Day, featuring an exhibition by the Bath City Roller Girls, followed by a performance of the local kids from Prep School of Rock. There will be an hour of dance exercise and fun fitness, compliments of C.C. Plus, beginning at 4 p.m., and Cinderella will visit the site and carnival courtesy of ABC Magic Shop.
The free All American Jam is a brand new addition to the summer activity schedule in downtown Mount Clemens, and will take place on Main Street (carnival site), and along Macomb Place to South Gratiot.
Presale Carnival discount coupons priced at $15 are redeemable for one ride-all-day wristband and are on sale at ABC Magic Shop, Max and Ollie’s (42 Pine Street), Chantels Jail House Deli (64 Macomb Place), and Gumbo’s (53 N. Walnut). Ride-all-day wristbands at the festival are priced at $20; some state-mandated height restrictions may apply. For more information, and schedule updates, go to www.allamericanjam.com, or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllAmericanJam.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit