All American Jam coming to The Clem
By Julie Snyder
June 14, 2013
MOUNT CLEMENS — Powers Distributing, the City of Mount Clemens Downtown Development Authority and Watts Up, Inc. will be hosting the new All American Jam music festival taking place in downtown Mount Clemens June 20-23.
Organizers say the free community-based festival will feature the annual Mount Clemens Fireworks, an Elliot’s Amusements Carnival on Main Street all weekend, free entertainment, exhibits, displays, and food and beverages.
Fireworks night is Friday, June 21, with a rain date of Saturday, June 22. Festival hours are: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, June 20 (carnival only); 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, June 21; 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 22; and 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, June 23.
Entertainment on the Miller Lite 104.3 WOMC Detroit Greatest Hits stage begins at 4 p.m. Friday, June 21, with Kiss tribute band War Machine, followed by The Sun Messengers, Aerosmith tribute band Mama Kin and the Detroit cover band Free Beer, which will conclude just prior to the fireworks display.
On Saturday, the Miller Lite 99.5 WYCD FM Detroit’s Country music festival begins at 2 p.m. with Annabelle Road, followed by Corn Daddy (alternative country/Americana), Dragon Wagon, and, at 7:30 p.m., David Hardin, the cousin of Tim Hardin — composer of “If I Were a Carpenter” — takes the stage, and the evening closes out with Detroit’s own Joey Vee.
Sunday is Mount Clemens Community Day, featuring an exhibition by the Bath City Roller Girls, followed by a performance of the local kids from Prep School of Rock. There will be an hour of dance exercise and fun fitness, compliments of C.C. Plus, beginning at 4 p.m., and Cinderella will visit the site and carnival courtesy of ABC Magic Shop.
The free All American Jam is a brand new addition to the summer activity schedule in downtown Mount Clemens, and will take place on Main Street (carnival site), and along Macomb Place to South Gratiot.
Presale Carnival discount coupons priced at $15 are redeemable for one ride-all-day wristband and are on sale at ABC Magic Shop, Max and Ollie’s (42 Pine Street), Chantels Jail House Deli (64 Macomb Place), and Gumbo’s (53 N. Walnut). Ride-all-day wristbands at the festival are priced at $20; some state-mandated height restrictions may apply. For more information, and schedule updates, go to www.allamericanjam.com, or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllAmericanJam.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville