WARREN — Police are looking for two suspects after a 7-year-old girl was allegedly pushed to the ground and robbed of her bike on La Salle near Eight Mile Road and Gratiot Sept. 6.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the child told police she was riding her 20-inch bike in front of her home at 7:23 p.m. when she was approached by the two suspects, both described as black males.
“One of the suspects — described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, 150 pounds with tattoos on both arms — pushed her off the bike and took her bike,” Mills said.
The girl was not injured and there were no other witnesses, but Mills said the girl told police a female who was with the suspects tried to convince them to return the bike.
“The black female said give her back the bike, but they just rode off,” Mills said.
The Huffy BMX-style bike was red with “Rocket” written in silver on the frame.
Anyone with information about the bike or the suspects can reach the officer in charge of the case, Detective Chuck Younkin, at (586) 574-4770.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township