WarrenSeptember 13, 2013
7-year-old girl pushed down, robbed of her bike
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Police are looking for two suspects after a 7-year-old girl was allegedly pushed to the ground and robbed of her bike on La Salle near Eight Mile Road and Gratiot Sept. 6.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the child told police she was riding her 20-inch bike in front of her home at 7:23 p.m. when she was approached by the two suspects, both described as black males.
“One of the suspects — described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, 150 pounds with tattoos on both arms — pushed her off the bike and took her bike,” Mills said.
The girl was not injured and there were no other witnesses, but Mills said the girl told police a female who was with the suspects tried to convince them to return the bike.
“The black female said give her back the bike, but they just rode off,” Mills said.
The Huffy BMX-style bike was red with “Rocket” written in silver on the frame.
Anyone with information about the bike or the suspects can reach the officer in charge of the case, Detective Chuck Younkin, at (586) 574-4770.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi