7-year-old girl pushed down, robbed of her bike
Published September 13, 2013
WARREN — Police are looking for two suspects after a 7-year-old girl was allegedly pushed to the ground and robbed of her bike on La Salle near Eight Mile Road and Gratiot Sept. 6.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the child told police she was riding her 20-inch bike in front of her home at 7:23 p.m. when she was approached by the two suspects, both described as black males.
“One of the suspects — described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, 150 pounds with tattoos on both arms — pushed her off the bike and took her bike,” Mills said.
The girl was not injured and there were no other witnesses, but Mills said the girl told police a female who was with the suspects tried to convince them to return the bike.
“The black female said give her back the bike, but they just rode off,” Mills said.
The Huffy BMX-style bike was red with “Rocket” written in silver on the frame.
Anyone with information about the bike or the suspects can reach the officer in charge of the case, Detective Chuck Younkin, at (586) 574-4770.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township