7-year-old girl pushed down, robbed of her bike
September 13, 2013
WARREN — Police are looking for two suspects after a 7-year-old girl was allegedly pushed to the ground and robbed of her bike on La Salle near Eight Mile Road and Gratiot Sept. 6.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the child told police she was riding her 20-inch bike in front of her home at 7:23 p.m. when she was approached by the two suspects, both described as black males.
“One of the suspects — described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, 150 pounds with tattoos on both arms — pushed her off the bike and took her bike,” Mills said.
The girl was not injured and there were no other witnesses, but Mills said the girl told police a female who was with the suspects tried to convince them to return the bike.
“The black female said give her back the bike, but they just rode off,” Mills said.
The Huffy BMX-style bike was red with “Rocket” written in silver on the frame.
Anyone with information about the bike or the suspects can reach the officer in charge of the case, Detective Chuck Younkin, at (586) 574-4770.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville