CLINTON TOWNSHIP — On Oct. 13, a man walked into a 7-Eleven and allegedly threatened the cashier with what appeared to be a gun before fleeing the scene.
That man, reportedly Jesse Ray Martin, is now in custody.
Martin, 32, allegedly walked into the 7-Eleven on the 20000 block of 15 Mile Road and told the cashier to give him all the money in the register. The cashier declined, so the suspect put his hands in his pockets and held what looked to be a gun. The suspect then took cigarettes and lottery tickets, and reportedly told the clerk he was just trying to feed his kids.
Capt. Richard Maierle of the Clinton Township Police Department said that while fleeing the 7-Eleven, the suspect dropped his wallet, and police discovered that Martin was a parole absconder because of a contact card in the wallet. The police department got in touch with his parole officer, who then reportedly confirmed his identity. The police then found and arrested Martin, a Roseville resident.
He was arraigned on Oct. 18 and was being held in county jail on $500,000 bond. His preliminary examination was after press time. At press time, he had no lawyer.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township