Five teens facing charges in sex with 11-year-old girl
Published February 14, 2007
EASTPOINTE — What started out as a normal day in the life of an 11-year-old Eastpointe girl turned unfathomable as she chased her dog down Collinson Avenue last June.
According to Eastpointe police, the girl was spotted by a group of teens acquainted with her brother, who then invited her inside of a home, and then took turns having sex with her in a basement bedroom. One of the boys, who ranged in age from 15-18 at the time, taped the incident with a cell phone camera.
Detective Lt. Leo Borowsky said the video, which shows the victim naked from the waist down having sex with the teens, was shown to several neighbors.
“Rumors were flying around, and eventually the girl’s mother found out, and came down to the station with her daughter in August to file a criminal complaint,” Borowsky said. From August to December, police were able to identify all five of the teens involved and seek warrants for their arrest.
Now, Reginald Brown, 19 of Clinton Township, a 16-year-old Warren teen, a 15-year-old Roseville teen, a 16-year-old Eastpointe boy and a 15-year-old Eastpointe teen have been charged as adults with first-degree criminal sexual conduct. The teens are being held on $50,000 bond, awaiting a pretrial examination in Macomb County Circuit Court on March 8.
Borowsky said the girl is doing OK physically, but the incident has taken an emotional toll on her.
“She was able to come to 38th District Court and testify against them in the exam on Jan. 30,” he said.
Although the teens didn’t “put a gun to her head or beat her”, Borowsky said, the girl was intimidated.
“At 11 years old, you don’t have the mental capacity to agree or disagree in a situation like that,” he said.
According to Michigan law, no one under age 16 can legally consent to sex.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights